- File-Based: In PyBlosxom everything is a text file.
Entries are files, configuration is a file, plugins are files, etc...
- Extensible: Has a plugin framework which allows you to customize and extend PyBlosxom in almost every way.
- Standards-compliant: Supports RSS 2.0 and Atom syndication feeds.
- Customizeable: Has a simple templating engine to make it easy to design your own themes with a minimum of development knowlage.
- Community-oriented: We pride ourselves in being a nice,
open and friendly community. Join in!
Pyblosxom allows you to use your favorite editor, toolset and workflow to maintain your blog without forcing you to build it all from scratch.
Learn what makes PyBlosxom great and get started with your own
Read the Docs »
Click below for all our download options as well as themes and
Get PyBlosxom »
Come join us on IRC and our mailing lists and help improve
Join the Movement »
Work In Progress
One of PyBlosxom's greatest strengths is our community
are some of the things we are working on right now that you can
- The list you are reading now needs to be ported to a todo.txt in the PyBlosxom repo in an easy, automated way
- The Jinja2 plugin needs to be added to the base repo + docs and automated tests written
- Port and add themes to the themes repo
- Automated tests need to be created for any plugin that dosen't have it
- Create an easy CLI UI for adding and removing themes/plugins from the repo to the local install
- The "Newslists" plugin needs to be moved into the plugins repo and tests/docs created
Site and Administration
- Puppet/Vagrant testing/deployment images need to be created to test various enviroments and setups more effectively